November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada and it’s a great time to start a dialogue to understand how well you know your current financial situation. Questions to consider are:
- Do you have a plan for retirement?
- Are you on track to achieve your financial dreams and goals?
- Do you understand your investments and how your advisor or bank gets paid?
- Do you have adequate insurance on your home and a policy owned by you or your bank?
- Are your final expenses covered or will they be a burden on your family?
- If you have life insurance do you understand your policy and the total amount of coverage?
If you can’t answer some of these important questions, then now would be a great time to look through your financial statements and make an appointment with your financial advisor. If you don’t have a financial advisor and would like to understand your financial position better, get in touch! There is no charge for a review of your current finances and our advice is always free!
Jeanette Ramnarine resides in Belleville, ON where she and her husband are co-owners of Forward Finances. Her work and financial advice for families has appeared in various forms of media including newspaper, magazine, blogs and television. She is a licensed insurance broker and investment advisor bringing a unique and creative approach to her clients with her knowledge and expertise in estate planning and wealth preservation.